I graduated from the Faculty of Medicine at Ben Gurion University. On completing my studies, I served for several years as a combat doctor in the IDF. After that, I began my residency in gynecology and obstetrics at the Sheba Medical Center, Tel HaShomer. During my residency, I received the Sheba Prize for an Outstanding Resident, as well as a prize from the Israeli Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine. At that time, I was also responsible for emergency medicine at the Sheba Medical Center and served in the military reserves as the commander of a company, and later of a medical regiment.
After finishing my internship at Sheba, I traveled to Detroit, MI, USA, where I completed a senior internship in maternal-fetal medicine in one of the leading faculties in this field at Wayne State University. During this period I won several prizes for research work.
On returning to Israel, I became head of the Maternity A&E room at Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer. I served in this capacity for over a decade.
In 2016, I was appointed to the position of Deputy Director of the Women & Maternity Department at Sheba Medical Center, and today I am a senior physician in the High-Risk Pregnancy Department and Clinic at Sheba, head of the obstetrics and gynecology residency program, and a member of the management team in the Women’s & Maternity Wing.
Academic and Research Activity
In addition to my work at Sheba Medical Center, I am a senior lecturer in the Obstetrics & Gynecology Department at the Sackler School of Medicine at Tel Aviv University, and continue to publish dozens of articles in leading medical journals. I keep abreast of the professional literature, carry out research and am an active partner in medical research and conferences in Israel and abroad.
Membership of Professional Associations
- Israeli Association of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Israeli Medical Association
- Israeli Association of Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- American Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Managing and leading programs in the field of Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Responsible for organizing, developing and training interns from all hospitals in Israel in the field of obstetrics at the Ministry of Health’s Medical Simulation Center
- Managing and performing pregnancy monitoring, scans and ultrasound tests within the surrogacy program for Israeli couples in Georgia. Thanks to this activity, until now hundreds of healthy children have reached Israel.
- Managing a project designed to reduce maternal mortality in Georgia on behalf of the UN, the Georgian Ministry of Health, and Sheba Medical Center.
- Leading a project to set up a maternity department in Weifang Hospital, China.